When Cora turned 15 months I started keeping track of her words. I stopped at the end of last month when she turned 17 months old and was amazed to see that she had a vocabulary of 60+ words.
As Cora approaches her 18 month birthday, we are definitely noticing the typical verbal explosion. She says "Eva" very well and to hear her say it is just about the cutest thing ever. She also started saying "Elsie" (our dog), "towel" and "happy." Just yesterday she put a ring on her finger, came up to me and said "ring." She is also getting better at her manners and says "please" (sometimes without prompting) and "thank you" (always needs prompting for that) and is pretty good at asking "help please" when she needs it (it sounds something like "epp-eee"). Of course, at her age few people other than us understand her.
More than anything, this gives me hope that my poor, neglected second child will obtain all the same skills as Eva and in roughly the same amount of time. Being the second child, Cora doesn't get all the one-on-one attention that we lavished on Eva and I feel guilt for that. I guess I need to stop worrying.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
What a sweetheart -- you, too, Leslie! Cora has lots of learning opportunities, which includes a great, big sister. :)
i agree with everything Tami said :)
Post a Comment