Yes, still pregnant. There are more details but I don't have the heart to go into it (rest assured that everything is fine). I will explain once this journey is over.
For those of you keeping score at home, these are the dates and positions of our baby boy:
May 10 at 36 weeks and 6 days--started ultrasound in transverse position (meaning he is laying across my abdomen), ended the ultrasound in the head down position
May 24 at 38 weeks and 6 days--head down
May 27 at 39 weeks and 2 days--head up
And a mere 24 hours later on May 28, at 39 weeks and 3 days--head downish ("oblique" is how the doctor described it, meaning he is just a little diagonal)
This is not completely unheard of in the world of obstetrics but it is rare. By the time women reach the point of labor only 3-4% of babies are breech. Breech baby means that he will have to be delivered via c-section and I'd rather avoid that if I can. Let's hope he stays head down and starts doing whatever it is he needs to do to vacate the premises.
Monday, May 30, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment