Matt is a great husband. He works 40+ hours a week, brings home the bacon and fries it up (literally). He does housework and home improvement projects. He reads to and plays with the kids every day. Most importantly, he does all these things with a smile.
He is not a macho man and has nothing to prove. He is not materialistic in the least and is never caught up in appearances. He is always looking out for our family and making sure we are taken care of now and for the future. But this is why I really love him:

This is Althea Mae. Back in December 1984, when an 8-year old Matt was dreaming of an Optimus Prime Transformer (like most boys that year), he found this under the Christmas tree instead. The story is retold every Christmas and it never gets old.
Eva and Cora now play with Althea and with my old Cabbage Patch doll (Carla Marie, in case you were curious). Eva was playing with them one weekend last month when we realized it was October 1 and Matt remembered that it was Althea's 27th birthday.

Matt hammed it up for the camera.

I wish you could have seen it in person because I laughed so hard that I cried. This is why I love this man--he is HILARIOUS!

A man and his Cabbage Patch doll.
4 comments:
Yes, he's a keeper. Such a sweet guy.
Thanks for the hilarious post. Little did Casey know her gift would reverberate through the ages...
P.S. You could probably get him an Optimus Prime now to make up for that early disappointment.
well done, Matthew! such a sweet post too!
O - M - Gosh, how could you not love that goofy ham of a guy. The pics are fantastic. Oooo I like your Aunt Sue's idea...hmmm, stocking stuffer?
Will I ever be forgiven for this once in life time OOOPS, going for the last Cabbage doll that year and it was a girl doll..or I mean it was a doll. Sorry, Optima was on the shelves a few yrs back and I just couldn't give a prize that was a second chose. You forgot to mention that Matthews doll married CJ's doll, only after I made her a wedding dress and put beads on socks and made a veil, so she was loved back than too. Oh, poor Matthew. He's your Optima Prime now..lucky girl..xoxo Oma.
P.S. He also got a stove made by his dad, wonder what we were thinking?..Matilda?. Mattwena..
Post a Comment