Saturday, October 6, 2012

Things Kids Say

So much catching up to do (but we'll do that another time). Let's just focus on today.

Cora's funnies today:
We encountered a really big fluffy dog today and Cora said, "He's quite big!"

"I've been sitting here for ages."

Looking at herself in the mirror she said, "My hair is so long, It's crazy long!"


The girls really like it when Matt and I tell them stories from our childhood.  Tonight Matt was telling them about when he was 13 and had his first job as a caddy. He told about the specifics of the job and then he explained that he would wake up before the rest of his family, get himself ready, and bike a few miles to the country club. With total shock Eva exclaimed, "How did you reach your breakfast?" I guess those of us who are fully grown take some things for granted.

Alex didn't say too much today but he used his new word a lot.  Just last week he started saying "Hi." This morning he was repeatedly yelling out the window "Hi-yeee."  His communication skills are really picking up.  A couple weeks ago he signed "more book" and he has started to make the sign for "bird."  Last night when I tucked him into bed he said, "Ba-ba" for bye-bye.

2 comments:

Aunt Sue said...

They're all brilliant. Naturally. :)

Oma said...

Cora sounds just like you..."crazy long"...I can see her shaking her head while saying it. I'm glad your a good role model. These kids are sponges. Stories are nice to share. Can't wait to see you guys.
Oma at homa...xoxo