Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Get Out of Town!

Really, we did! Matt and I went to Boston to attend our friend Matt's wedding--it was our first trip away from Eva (together that is--Matt travels for work all the time). I had a good cry (read: sobbing) in the car as we pulled away from our house and I thought, "I could die in a plane crash and this would be the last time I ever saw Eva." I commited myself to remembering the image of her clad in her footie pajamas, hair askew, waving at us through the window. Parenting does strange things to a person--you suddenly feel incredibly mortal.

Once I got over the trauma of leaving my child, I had a great time! Congratulations again to the happy couple and many thanks for a wonderful time! Of course we are so grateful for Matt's parents for giving such excellent care and love in our stead. Here's a picture of the UW crew--don't we clean up well?


2 comments:

Erik said...

Great picture of the Becker House crew!

Tami said...

What a lovely group! I'm bummed we couldn't be there. Thanks for sharing a picture, and congratulations on your weekend away!