Friday, June 11, 2010

Cora's Vocabulary

Cora is developing by leaps and bounds. Today, while looking at a book, she saw an elephant and raised her hand and made the elephant noise (you know the one). Here's a quick list of her words/sounds/gestures:

Dog (her very first word--she's been saying this one for at least a couple months)
Mama
Dada
Cat
Ruff-ruff (dog barking)
Meow (though it sounds like "rare")
Elephant trumpeting (raises hand and makes noise)
Uh-oh
Ball
Baby ("dee-dee")
Puts her hands up when she drops something ("Where did it go?")
Makes a fish face when she sees a fish
Signs Eat & Drink (and I think she might be trying to say "cup" but I'm not 100% sure yet)
Nods her head "yes"
Shakes her head "no"
Signs "all done"
Waves

She is also getting to know her body parts--nose, eyes, feet, head, hair, ears, tongue, mouth. Yesterday I was reading a book and pointed to a picture of a mouse and said "mouse"--Cora pointed to her mouth. Close enough!

No comments: