
We are just a week away from a magical mark. Yes, Alex will be 4 months next week and according to the "Sleep Bible" (aka "Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child) this is when we can finally sleep train with success. Up until now, Alex has been pretty good--not perfect by any means, but pretty good. I have noticed lately that it is getting harder and harder to get him to sleep as the day wears on and he is waking up a LOT more at night to eat. We've been letting him cry a bit more to see if he can calm himself and go to sleep but we usually cave after some time and soothe him. He calms down and falls asleep within 30 seconds of being picked up, so it has become a matter of wanting our presence rather than an inability to sleep. So if you go past my house and hear incessant screaming, you'll know why.

Speaking of sleep, here are Eva and Elsie cuddling during an afternoon nap. Elsie would do anything for a good afternoon cuddle and she was happy to cozy up to Eva while she snoozed. Eva made sure Elsie was nice and toasty by throwing a leg over her.

Funny story: A parent at Eva's school told me I'm "Super Mom" as I unloaded my three munchkins from our van. I laughed and said I was far from it. But maybe not...I'm SUPER tired most days and my house is SUPER messy. Maybe I am "Super Mom" after all. Here are my kids looking SUPER crazy in jammies and some winter accessories. The pacifier in Cora's mouth is just for fun--she seems to think it's pretty funny these days.
Random: Alex contemplates hair choices. A buzz cut or a nice brown weave. Which do you prefer?

3 comments:
Fun update! I like your little Buddha-man. I feel your pains about sleep (and screaming). How do you have a preschooler asleep in the afternoon on the couch?! Regular occurrence or random?
I kind of like the brown weave - reminds me of Stanley Tucci's alter ego in "Shall We Dance?" It's an earthy, laid-back yet macho look. And he could wear it in a ponytail which is of course uber-cool. I can see him working it with a shark-tooth necklace and some board shorts.
I like the pony tail thingy, or dreads mon...very cute post, and love that Elsie gets some spooning action...cute...I'm borrowing that pic..love ya, Oma
Post a Comment