I have had a hard time putting Alex in his crib to sleep. Since this is our third and final baby (that's the plan), I have not been in a rush to put him in his own room. Also, I have two other kids to take care of when I wake up so it is key to my survival to get as much sleep as possible and that has meant co-sleeping with Alex. We have an actual co-sleeper next to our bed but Alex inevitably wakes up to eat and the next thing I know it's two hours later and he's still snuggling with me--it's sweet and I don't mind it one bit.
Alex now takes all his naps in his crib and starts his night out in there until I go to bed and he asks to eat. Other times, nursing him to sleep while we both lie in the big bed is the only way to get him to settle down and go to sleep. The other night we were laying in bed gazing lovingly into each other's eyes and I started to sing him a little ditty that I always sing at bedtime and his eyelids got heavier and heavier and then he was asleep (I felt like the baby whisperer). It was a sweet moment.
Back to napping... He still takes a lot of 45-minute naps and that's starting to get old but I know eventually he'll stretch out and it will all be ok. In fact, I noticed yesterday and today that a few of his naps were closer to an hour long (of course, one of those naps ran into the time that I had to get Eva from school so I had to pull a sleeping Alex and put him in his car seat).
Monday, September 12, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment